Why Consider Website Benefits for a Small Business?
Does your business really need a website?
Have you considered the benefits of having a website for your business and having a professional online web presence?
As traditional print media advertising, such as the Yellow Pages is on its way out, the return on investment for small business owners’ advertising budgets is lower. The Internet now seems to be the main alternative to present your business in front of thousands of searches a day on search engines.
However, many businesses of today are still advertising their business in print with a personal email and website address that are derivatives of an Internet Service Provider (ISP) address. While there are aspects of security in working with a creditable and reputable ISP, if you are in business, there are benefits to considering owning your own web identity that is consistent with your business identity and independent from any ISP.
Many of the potential benefits of having a website for promoting a professional online web presence may include the following:-
- Be able to update your business proposition and content online regularly and tweak as needed. Compared to being locked in each year with a set copy in print with yellow pages. Your website’s information can be changed and updated to respond to market changes.
- Potentially create and increase sales and work opportunities;
- Show images of your work, product and services so that new prospects can see what you do with respect to quality and your track record. A buyer can consider your offer based on these considerations and perceptions.
- Create a professional virtual shop front to stand out from your competitors. This aspect includes having a credible and professional email and web address that prospects can associate and relate to relative to their buying decision. A professional online presence starts with your own domain names address such as yourbuisnessname.com.au and your email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using a professional online presence builds your business branding in your industry’s marketplace.
- Your business brand info and FAQs are available to your customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This benefit would reduce staff time for admin and answering phone calls with an advantage to fast track bookings and sales via the internet.
- Create a consistency of business branding from your stationery through to your professional online presence. This aspect indicates that you are serious about your business identity and credibility as well as interested in providing easy communication channels. This aspect includes the consideration of having a stable, consistent and constant email address with your business identity. A major benefit of having a professional email address is that it is yours and thus not influenced by any ISP influences. A professional email address is easy for your customer to remember.
- A professional email address is within your brand name to greet your customer online with care and interest. Thus make a memorable friendly connection with your customer using your business name and email address. Typical email addresses are:- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- A professional web address is more likely to be search engine friendly, increasing potential web traffic to your product and services. As part of the increased web traffic to your site, there may be an opportunity to attract prospects outside your service area or region. A classic example would be prospects looking for accommodation services before travelling from their current location. They would be able to locate, inspect, consider and book online with the benefit of having.
We offer a Free consultation for providing feedback on your current potential web interests.